Do you work in an adult prison environment and want to learn more about New Psychoactive Substances (NPS)?
The increasing use of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS) within secure environments is presenting prison-based staff with a significant set of new challenges.
You are warmly invited to attend a special training session on NPS led by Dr. George Ryan clinical advisor from the Alcohol, Drugs and Tobacco division in Public Health England and other prison healthcare professionals.
The training session is aimed at prison officers, healthcare workers, substance misuse workers, peers and mentors across prisons. There are 25 places per session and we will allocate places to ensure a fair spread across organisations and establishments.
- Tues 26th Jan 16 in London – Goodenough College
- Wed 27th Jan 16 in London – Goodenough College
- Thurs 28th Jan 16 in London – Goodenough College
- Tues 30th Jan 16 in London – Goodenough College
- Tues 2nd Feb 16 in Leeds – Novotel Center
- Weds 3rd Feb 16 in Leeds – Novotel Center
- Tues 9th Feb 16 in Taunton – Somerset College
- Weds 10th Feb 16 in Taunton – Somerset College
- Tues 1st Mar16 in Birmingham – BVSC Enterprises
- Weds 2nd Mar 16 in Birmingham – BVSC Enterprises
- Thurs 3rd Mar 16 in Birmingham – BVSC Enterprises
Time: 9.30am to 13.30pm
These will be informative training sessions provided by leading UK experts in the field. To attend this training, please register with Linda Mensah Linda.Mensah@phe.gov.uk stating:
- Your name
- Your organisation and job role
- Which Prison or service you work in.
- Which date you wish to attend.
A full agenda and slides will be sent out closer to training dates with reading materials.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided on the day.